Friday, January 9, 2015

Self - reflection

Advertisement

There is a child in me
Stubborn,
wearing the Kos Kola crown
wanting to be the King
never the Queen
in every game I play


There is a child in me
Uncontrollable,
Like the kites I used to fly
with the village Kollo
though with strings attached
On square paddy fields
In a sweaty heyday


There is a child in me
Wild,
Burning the Habarala Yams
Under the Rambutan tree
waiting to be the woman
of Robin Hood or of that kind
In a Kompittu play day.


There is a semi- precious child
Babek
Within me & in you
Among apparent Blue sapphires
refusing the requests
to be polished, dragged from the pits
just to bring joy
to a digger's day !


By Jahooli Devi



1. Kos Kola : Jack fruit Tree Leaves
2. Kollo : Boys
3. Habarala : Wild long Yam 
4. Rambutan : hairy looking asian fruit tree
5. Kompittu : Child play with sand blocks made by coconut shells
6. Babek : Baby

No comments: