Thursday, April 10, 2014

A small doubt

Advertisement
I did not fall in love with him
at first sight
It took me an hour, almost.

I was busy talking about a research
& some Women rights.
There was food too.
What did I eat?
Round  Red Chillies.
My legs touched his knees
Under the table
I complained:
How small these tables are!
It was cold outside.
He wanted my green shawl  
Here take it,
I was genereous.
Coffee was Too small
I drank within a minute.
Film Hall was Too dark
I could not see him.
He watched the film
He laughed.
What was the film?
I never remember things!
He translated some dialogues
To my deaf ears.
I asked for more translations
More & More.
Then he went away.
I came home. 
Never slept again.

I did not fall in love with him at first sight!
Like those silly men & women
Now I think,
It took me an hour, almost.
Should I wear a watch?

By Jahooli Devi

No comments: